Lemony lentil spaghetti
I can almost smell summer….okay I am just really sick of eating soup and I have started craving salads and deliciously light food and I figure if I just start eating like the sun is shining and the birds are singing then it will happen.
This is one of my super quick and super tasty light and fresh pasta dishes. It can be served both warm and as a cold salad, perfect for a picnic. (I really am dreaming now!)
Serves 2 as a main
Handful of wholemeal spaghetti
1 can of puy lentils. drained
200g can of sustainable tuna, drained
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 red chilli, seeds removed and sliced (optional)
30g parsley chopped
Salt and pepper to season
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, toss through the lentils, tuna, chilli and parsley.
- Zest the rind of the lemon over the pasta, then squeeze in the juice.
- Add a good glug of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta lightly, serve into bowls and top with a handful of rocket.